A Little Bit About Agency Relationships
There are 2 types of Agency Relationships, Common Law and Designated Agency. Cascade Realty Service is a small brokerage, therefore is operating under Common Law. In addition, if you prefer to represent yourself, you are in a Customer relationship. Our REALTOR will fully discuss the roles and responsibility and will prepare a Service Agreement for signature that will outline the specific responsibilities of the relationship.
The Real Estate Council of Alberta is the licensing and regulatory body in the Province of Alberta. On their website, we have provided links to specific Agency Topics that explain various aspects of Agency. We have summarized these below:
- Buying a House or Condo
- Industry members and their roles
- Working with a Licensed Professional
- Consumer Relationships with Real Estate Professionals
- Client – Real Estate
- Customer – Real Estate
- When a Real Estate Professional Represents the Buyer and the Seller (Transaction Brokerage)
- Written Service Agreements
- Protecting Your Information
- Consumer Tools
- Real Estate Consumer Information
Please feel free to browse the Real Estate Council Of Alberta (RECA) Website for more informative topics.